This article includes four parts:
Part 1. What is torrent?
Torrent is a small file with the suffix .torrent, which contains all the information needed to download a file the torrent was made for. That means it contains file names, their sizes, where to download from and so on. You can get torrents for almost anything on lots of web sites and torrent search engines.
Torrent is the most popular way of downloading large files, including movies and games (remember legality of downloading). Downloading with a torrent is advantageous especially when downloading files, which are momentarily very popular and which lots of people are downloading. Because the more people download the file, the higher speed for everyone.
Part 2. How to download torrent files to computer?
Downloading with a torrent is actually very simple. You just need a rightly set torrent client (setting your connection speed is usually all you need to set). Then you open the torrent file inside your client, set a place where you want to download desired files and then just wait till it's downloaded. Downloading with a torrent is no more complicated than using any other p2p application, but even simpler.
Here are some free torrent clients:
1. A BitTorrent client is a program that manages torrent downloads and uploads using the BitTorrent protocol. BitTorrent is the global standard for accessing rich media over the Internet. It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux.
2. µTorrent (uTorrent) is a free BitTorrent client for Microsoft Windows written in C++ and localized for many different languages. It is designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients such as Azureus or BitComet. The program has received consistently good reviews for its feature set, performance, stability, and support for older hardware and versions of Windows (For Wine, Windows 95 (Winsock2), 98/ME, NT/2000, XP, 2003, and Vista).
3. BitLet: this is a web-based Torrent client that can download a Torrent file for you if you provide it with the Torrent URL. The obvious benefits of doing this are:
(1) If you are using a computer that doesn't have a Torrent client installed.
(2) You can point Torrent-challenged friends who can never figure out how to download torrents to this web service and it just may be the solution to their rare Torrent-downloading needs.
(3) You can use it to download torrents in places (work, school) where p2p and/or Torrent clients are blocked. Bitlet requires that your browsers has the JAVA VM plugin installed.
You can get more free Torrent clients from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_client
Part 3. How to put the torrent videos to iPod, iPhone, PSP, etc?
After you finish downloading the torrent (Video, Song what ever it is) you might need to use winrar or winzip if it is compressed then put it on your iPod. The torrent videos that you download from iPod torrent sites do not need to convert. You can transfer them to iPod using iTunes.
But if they are not in a format the iPod, iPod, iPhone, Zune and other players can play, you might have to convert them. You need to download this best video converter or Video Converter for Mac which works perfectly for almost all popular video players like iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Youtube (web), Creative Zen, iRiver PMP, Archos, various video mobile phones and many other digital video and audio players. Install and use it to convert the torrent videos. After conversion, you can put the torrent videos to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Youtube (web), etc.
Part 4. Top torrent sites and iPod torrent sites
The Top Torrent Sites:
The Pirate Bay
ByTorrents Meta Search
Fenopy (formerly Bitoogle.com)
Special mention: Torrents.co.uk
Special mention: LokiTorrent.com
Special mention: Commonbits.com
iPod torrent sites:
Aiseesoft Total Video Converter, this software converts any video formats to other popular formats compatible with your devices. It enables you to edit the videos with powerful functions. Moreover, it suports to convert 4K video quickly.