As you know, it's very easy to create PDF files from other file types, such as Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. On the other way around, it's a bit more difficult to convert a PDF file to Excel on Mac. However, there is always a way to resolve that – either in Microsoft Excel itself or using a PDF to Excel conversion application.
Import PDF to Excel Worksheet
Method 1: Using Adobe Reader
All Things You'll Need: Excel for Mac software, Internet access and Adobe Reader
For the first method, you need the Excel for Mac software, such as Excel 2011.
1. Open a PDF in Adobe Reader, which is available for free download on the Adobe website.
2. Click "File" and then "Save as Text." Choose a destination folder for the file and click "Save." This saves the PDF as a .txt file.
3. Open Excel for Mac.
4. Click the "Import" button.
5. Select the file type you want to import. Click "Import." Select the text file you just saved.
6. Click "Get Data" to open the "Text Import Wizard."
7. Follow the pages of the wizard to format you data. Click "Next" to proceed when the required options in each of the three pages of the wizard are selected.
8. Click "Finish" and then "Existing Sheet" to import the data into the existing blank document. Click "OK."
9. Save the worksheet.
Method 2: Using Mac PDF to Excel Converter
In this tutorial, we use Aiseesoft Mac PDF to Excel Converter, which provides the easy and fast way to convert PDF document to Excel XLS format on Mac, intelligently detect the tables in your PDF files and automatically convert them back into easy-to-edit Excel files. It works faster than other PDF to Excel Converters and makes your work more convenient! The advanced OCR technology makes it easy to recognize text from scanned, image-based PDF files and then convert the PDF to other text-based files. It supports converting PDF files in many languages and ensures the best quality.
Install and launch Aiseesoft Mac PDF to Excel Converter.
1. Click "Add File(s)" button. Select one or more PDF files you want to convert to Excel.
2. Select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls) as the output format.
3. Specify the pages to convert to Excel. Convert all of the pages in the PDF file, or specify a range of pages.
4. Click "PDF" button to start the PDF to Excel conversion. It's very easy, isn't it?
Tip: Aiseesoft Mac PDF to Excel converter allows you to customize the destination folder. When the conversion is complete, just click "Open" button to get the converted PDF files.
You may be also interest: How to convert PDF to image on Mac.