The instruction is about the procedure for uploading iMovie to YouTube and the problems when you upload video YouTube from iMovie. The article can solve the problems and help you upload the file easily.
Problems for uploading iMovie to YouTube
YouTube will not take iMovie project when I upload the video of iMovie to YouTube
It might relate to the file format, you can convert the file to a QuickTime format first. Please also make sure the file of iMovie is not too large for uploading to YouTube.
Launch the program, and then select the "Share" button.
Choose the "QuickTime" option.
Click on the menu for your compression options and select web.
Log in the YouTube account and then click the"Upload" button to import the iMovie to YouTube.
The upload procedure might take a few minutes, and few more hours before you can find the iMovie on YouTube.
iMovie says it is uploading to YouTube, but video never shows up
1. As for the problem, you can use a relatively short title with no special characters for uploading iMovie to YouTube. Do not use quote marks or other special characters in tags, descriptions as well. You can add special characters after you uploaded iMovie to YouTube.
2. If it still does not work, you can export video from iMovie to a folder in MP4, and then use YouTube uploader to import iMovie video to YouTube. If you just want to upload video to YouTube from iMovie, you can delete the "cashes" folder from the "Library" and the "com.apple.imovieApp.plist" file.
How to upload iMovie to YouTube?
- 1. Make sure your video is the one you want to share, then click the share button in the menu bar and select YouTube.
- 2. Choose your YouTube account or create a new one.
- 3. Confirm your sign in.
- 4. Select the category, name, description, and tags for your video.
- 5. Select your publish size and click Next.
- 6. Now click the publish button.
- 7. Your video will be ready to watch on YouTube in 2-120 minutes.
Alternatively, if you have some YouTube videos and want to import to iMovie for editing, you can turn to YouTube videos to iMovie for help